J.PERIOD RELEASES NATE DOGG TRIBUTE
With DJ & Remix work for Grammy-winners Lauryn Hill, The Roots, and Mary J. Blige under his belt, J.Period has become one of hip hop’s undisputed Mixtape Kings and most respected DJ/Producers. His viral mixtape marketing campaigns for artists including Q-Tip, K’NAAN, and rising star Nneka earned over 2 million combined downloads/plays online in 2009 and were widely cited among the year’s best. Praised by The New Yorker for his groundbreaking Bob Dylan remixes, and named one of “the world’s top DJ’s” by The New York Times, J.Period was also featured in Activision’s blockbuster video game, DJ Hero, alongside a short list of DJ legends: Grandmaster Flash, Jazzy Jeff, Shadow, Z-Trip & DJ AM. As a composer/producer, J.Period has scored blockbuster film trailers (Universal’s American Gangster, Fox’s Street Kings) and video games (Activision’s Tony Hawk: Motion). And on stage, J.Period’s crowd-rocking skills have earned high-profile tour appearances with Lauryn Hill, Kanye West, Diddy and De La Soul in venues around the globe. Rising through the ranks of hip hop’s elite, J.Period is redefining the role of the DJ in the digital age—equal parts tastemaker, sound selector and viral marketing powerhouse—while still staying true to his hip hop roots.
-The New York Times name J.Period among "the world's top DJs." DJ Hero Review (Nov 2009)
-Beyond Race Magazine Top Albums of 2009 - J.Period & Nneka, The Madness
-MTV Top Street Albums (2008) - March 9: B.I.G. Tribute
-NY Magazine Top 5 Mixtapes of 2007 – March 9: B.I.G. Tribute
-MTV Top 5 DJs (2006, 2007)- 2X Winner of Annual MTV DJ Award
- MIXTAPE DJ OF THE YEAR (2006) (Power Summit) - Top honor at the industry's leading DJ conference
- Mixtape of the Year (2006) (Allhiphop.com) - Awarded for J.Period Best of the Roots
- Mixtape DJ of the Year (2005) - Awarded by The Source Magazine
- Scion New York Regional DJ Champion (2004) (Toyota/Scion National DJ Competition)
- MTV Top 10 Mixtapes of 2005– (Best of Lauryn Hill )
- Scion New York DJ Champion 2004 (Toyota/Scion National DJ Competition)
- DJ Hero (Activision). Remixer. Follow-up to Activision's blockbuster Guitar Heroin stores now
- The Messengers: Bob Dylan Remixes Featured in The New Yorker (Oct09)
- The [Abstract] Best. Remixer. Featuring: De La Soul, Q-Tip, The Roots, Talib Kweli and more.
- Tony Hawk's Motion (Nintendo DS). Produced soundtrack for Activision's Tony Hawk gaming franchise.
- American Gangster (Universal Pictures). Produced track for blockbuster film trailer and TV spot.
- Street Kings (Fox Searchlight). Produced track for blockbuster film trailer and TV spot.
- The Fugees "Take It Easy". Recorded scratches on Fugee's comeback single
TOUR / EVENT HIGHLIGHTS
- Official Tour DJ For K'NAAN World Tour 2009 South Africa, Canada, US
- J.Period Live in Australia 2009 - Club Tour, De La Soul World Tour
- J.Period Live in South Africa 2007 - Club Tour, Johannesburg, Capetown, SA (Dec 07).
- Microsoft Zune Presents...J.Period Live Mixtape (Feat. The Crooklyn Dodgers). Brooklyn, 2007
- Official Tour DJ for Lauryn Hill (2005-2006)
- Official DJ for Kanye West Grammy Afterparty (2006)
- Performance at P.Diddy White Party - With Russell Simmon's Def Poets (2004).
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD PR PHOTOS.
General: Truelements Music email@example.com
K'NAAN, WYCLEF JEAN &